Thursday, September 2, 2010

wilted & underwater sisters

Whew! it seems we can't stay away from sickness this year. Leland, Emory & I contracted a bug and have been feeling all kinds of dreadful. My kids are troupers though and have smiled through the worst of it. Leland threw up all night tuesday night but was such a little man about it. Poor Emmy didn't really know what was going on. We are on the mend but i'm feeling pretty weak and i'm probably dehydrated. you know when you just don't want to eat or drink so it won't continue? that's me today.

before we knew about Joel's fracture and that he would be out of work i had ordered some lovely Heather Ross scraps to make small projects.
Here is the pieced and quilted bib, my first experience with bias tape:



i used a part of a vintage slip for the backing. It's a gift for my MIL's close friend's new granddaughter. It's so sweet i told Joel we needed to have another baby stat so i could keep it. he didn't quite follow my logic. Can't wait to make more!
i need to finish the binding on the baby Beck quilt but don't want to work on it while i'm germy.
all right! that's about all the blogging energy i have for today.
happy thursday!

7 comments:

Janie Fox said...

Feel better.. rest and drink. Take care of yourself b/c you take care of everyone else!

Dottie and June said...

I was just thinking of you...I am so sorry that you all are sick. I am glad you are doing better though.

Kjirsten

I just put a post up that I wanted to share...

http://simplyloverly.blogspot.com

Dottie and June said...

Oh and I soooooo love your bib. Total cuteness!

Kellie said...

that's always rough being sick with the kids. yikes! i'm glad you're on the mend.

the bib is awesome! i love the material!

Melissa said...

You say, "can't wait to make more." Is that babies or bibs?! ;) LOVE the bib!

{eleise} said...

This is cute!

So are your kids! They are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I found you from the Home Ec class online chats. I just joined class but I read that you were located in Maryville! I lived in Edwardsville for a little while then moved to Highland! Such a small world.

I was loving the plan to go thrifting...unfortunately I just relocated to Alabama for a year.

Still it was exciting to see towns near home popping up!

Good luck with class...