Thursday, September 23, 2010

confessional:

i. am. obsessed. with baby names.

and have a tiny case of baby fever.
this doesn't mean we are trying for number 3
or that i will be lucky enough to get 4 or 5.
but let me tell you- i could name a duggar sized family, easily.
and smile every. time. i called out a name. because there are that many combos i love.
i love my kid's names:
Leland Hunter
Emory Saige
but they weren't my favorite names really- they just fit the best- who they were.
and that made the right- my new favorite.

so, i an effort to rid my brain of the fever, here are some (girl) names that i could pair, first & middle, in lots of different combinations.

oh! and i know some of them aren't for the faint of heart.
when i was pregnant with Emory i told my sweet friend Christin that two of my favorite (that i probably wouldn't use) were Poppy & Indigo. She kindly told me she thought i should stick with Emory.

it's fun to dream!
(or i should start making girl's clothing and use the names for different garments!)

now, if you use one of these names for your baby, how sweet!- but if i love it, i'll still use it.
(the proof is in the pudding, our friends had a baby boy Emery 4 ish weeks before our girl Emory)


amaryllis
odessa
ainslie
arwen
blithe
charlotte
constance
clementine
clover
elinor
evangeline
georgia
grey
harper
hazel
josephine
justice
margaret/margorie
piper
rowan
sparrow
violet
wren
bianca
camila
lena
viola


now try to picture sweet georgia wren...
or darling charlotte grey.

or even- josephine blithe.

love it.
i could be here all day naming imaginary children.

(harper amaryllis)

crazy?

12 comments:

Melissa said...

I love Charlotte and have tossed around Hazel myself! Fun names - hope you get to use one ;) (or two or three!)

Anonymous said...

Love baby names and some of these are near and dear to my heart! I've had Rowan picked out for a girl since I was little. And Josephine, for obvious reasons.
So precious. :)

Maggie Daniel said...

I must say that I am also am running a baby fever and have been thinking of names. I am also a fan of Clementine, Josephine, and Violet. My sweet little dog is named Hazel, and I love it. I'm praying for red headed twin girls-Penelope and Clementine! How cute with Caroline?! I think it's a must. Please Jesus, send me adorable red headed twins girls.

Welcome! said...

soo sweet! every time i think of one i scribble it down somewhere and then never find it again. :)

Gypsy Sparrow said...

One of my top names is Hallelujah Grace... Lelu Grace, but Justin is a no go on that one, hohum

Grace said...

Oh girl, you have amazing taste in names!! I've sworn off having any more kids but have the perfect names picked out *just in case*... :)

ofwhomiamtheworst said...

I thought I commented on this, but it isn't showing up. Do you have a list of good boy names? We still haven't decided on one!!!!

p.s. LOVE Harper. That was one of my top picks if we would've had a girl.

Jaime G. said...

love it!!!!

Annie said...

Love love love several of these :) I knew a Charlotte called Charlie & she was so spunky I loved her! I even talked my best friend into naming her 3rd Charlotte Jolie, but she had a boy. Our third has a name - Ollie, but now working on middles - I think Ollie Rose but the boy name is still up for grabs so if you think of a great boy name for Ollie - let this gal know :)

Ashley Valenzuela said...

I love the name Charlotte. I even like amaryllis. It sounds so elegant. I want to name my children older names but Ismael's always like "that sounds sooo old!" Haha! He's a jerk! But when the time comes, we'll decided on something perfect!

Jillian said...

you know I love all of these. for real. maybe you could just go to the hospital and name other people's kids for them?

elise said...

thanks for the feedback guys!!