Tuesday, February 16, 2010

i'm bAAAAck! (Super Sisters)


At least for the moment we have internet, so i am taking advantage of it!
Today I will tell you about 2 sisters whose blogs i follow. I know of them through my sister and her husband, Owen Pye.

Lady Danburry is the wife of musician Drew Danburry, who you should definitely check out. She is a tailor/designer who makes beautiful vintage feeling, classy clothes. She is currently doing a give away for a fabulous wool coat. Whoever wins will be oh so lucky!
her sister, Jessica at Running With Scissors is a very creative mom who sews, crafts, and sells on etsy.
I used her tutorial on freezer paper paining/printing to make two tank tops for Leland's betrothed, Brooklynn's birthday!
They turned out pretty well, and would have been better if i hadn't waited til the last second and been in a rush... patience is a virtue if you don't want paint to bleed:O)
here are a couple of pictures of the process....




(one shirt said her name and the other said Somebody <3 's me in IL)
thanks to these lovely ladies!

5 comments:

Jaime G. said...

i totally just printed out the directions for freezer paper painting stuff! love it!
now i just have to find some time and make some awesome shirts for jax!

annie said...

I guess I need to check this out! Brook's shirts were too cute, by the way! (O:

PS- Welcome back! (O:

Annie said...

I saw that coat & loved it! Also, those tanks - adorable! So is Leland so what a lucky woman she is :)

Jessica said...

I think the tanks turned out awesome! So cute, I imagine any little girl would LOVE to have a shirt with her name on it. Thanks for mentioning Lynette's giveaway, we are both so grateful!

Jillian said...

I love Lynette :)

and I must check out her sister asap!