for example- I am nearly always late.
Part of this has to do with having kids and having other peoples kids, but to be fair, there are plenty of people with kids who arrive early. We also live too far away from things like church, etc. so if you get behind, you can't make up for it with drive time.
i am also scatterbrained and clumsy. I feel like i am always carrying a baby on one hip, holding a preschoolers hand, toting a diaper bag, backpack and purse, about to drop everything. Picture that in your head for a second. That's how i feel mentally most of the time! so i come of as crazy, i'm sure.
now there are exceptions of course.
days like today, i MADE myself start by reading my Bible and another book. Then i fed Leland breakfast and read his Bible story book with him. So i don't feel so mentally strained. which is nice.
sunday morning i was on worship team and Joel was running sound. We had to be there at the church by 7:45 am. Even though the guys had a concert the night before and we didn't get to sleep until at least 2, we were in the building by 7:48, which in my book counts as on time. LOL
anyway, my point: Ever notice in movies that the heroine or main woman character generally has a character flaw that everyone either finds charming or endearing??
for example, take zooey deschanel. in almost all of her recent roles this is the case. take failure to launch: if i remember correctly she is mean and self centered. and blunt. But we like her! or Gigantic: can't commit, flighty, etc. But we like her! Yes Man: unforgiving... actually she was a pretty likable character in that one.
It would just be nice if our real life character flaws and issue were endearing and cute, ya know?
Maybe it's how stinking cute zooey is in everything? I can like her characters in spite of it all, except for in 500 Days of Summer. I was really excited to see that movie and was disappointed. Because the one flaw that isn't ever cute is being skanky, if you ask me.
so, i guess i will try to remedy my lateness and my scatterbrained ways and until then hope that to at least someone its a little bit endearing. It's that or head to the plastic surgeon to become Zooey- be so cute no one cares:O)




5 comments:
Oh...man...500 Days of Summer was the biggest letdown of 2010 for me. I was so upset when that movie ended, I cried for literally a half an hour and then went to bed. I hated it!!!
"Normal" people all have character flaws, and I think even if they're not always likable or "cute", they're unique in someone's character! Its what makes you (and me), US! :D
You are not alone! I can usually get us there on time, but then I'm usually a grouch b/c I've been running around like a crazy person - I hate that about Sundays. I just told Jade I'm always in a bad mood on the way to church b/c I feel like I'm the only one working to get everyone out the door - stresses me out :) It's a great thing that church cheers me up by the time we leave!
man! i have 500 days of summer in my netflix queue b/c i love zooey. she is too darn cute!
and elise, i love you, and you are always carrying a baby on one hip, holding a todllers hand, toting a dipaer bag, a backback and a purse. okay... really by the time i see you, leland is steps ahead of you.
and seriously... i can tell you i am always late for meeting up with friends. isn't that horrible. since we live so far away from everything else, i always make srue we leave 30 minutes to get somewhere... but for friends, i push the envlope and am always late.
oofta.
She was my favorite thing about Failure to Launch! Seriously, I got SOOO much pleasure out of her wanting to kill that stupid bird. I hate birds. But I also didn't like her in 500 Days or The Happening. But that may have been because I also just didn't like those movies. Did you see the Sci-Fi Channel mini-series she did that was a twist of Wizard of Oz?
Flaws aren't always easy or fun to deal with, but I always remind myself that "I'm okay and I'm on my way"...Thanks Joyce Meyer :)
Post a Comment