It was very nice and everyone was very generous. One of the few things that i did for the shower was getting fresh flowers.... i was thrilled to bring them home after the shower too:O)
And here's miss Emory with Becca (and her valentine's puppy from Granny & Gramps)
i don't usually talk/show much about the projects i'm working on... usually because i don't know what i'm doing or it's taking a long time.
but here's a pic of some slip covers i'm making for all the rocking chairs in the nursery at church. I'll show you the completed project, but i still need to get zippers and figure out how to sew them in, lol!
i'm also trying to finish some small curtains for my MIL's neighbor and a quilt for our friends Danny and Rachel's expected baby, Rosalie.
confession: I. have. never. made. a. qulit. AH! no pressure, right?
i'll let you know how it turns out;O)
another confession: i save tissue paper...
it's expensive and always gets thrown right away. this is the tissue paper from Becca's shower (that wasn't ripped or taped). i either shred it if it's really crinkled or just use it like normal. waste not, want not!




13 comments:
aww fun projects! Make sure you keep us updated :)
And I save tissue paper as well!
I save tissue paper too but only when it is easy to do so. This looks like it took some time.
P.S. Remember our previous convo about how I stitched up a shirt and some pillows for the first time in my life and you told me that you didn't really know how to sew either. Pulll-eezzzz! Such a liar. :)
sweet sewing! i agree with devan.. you always seem to play down your talent of sewing. i'm giving you a virtual kick right now! did you feel it?
and i love fresh flowers. they just seems to brighten up any space.
Oh man - slip covers - you are way more talented than you know girl!
The flowers are really pretty - where did you go to get fresh flowers?
We are coming home in March and are going to have a family birthday party for Adelaide (her first!). I want to decorate with fresh flowers and was trying to figure out where I could go to get them in bulk. I don't necessarily need a ton, but I want more than just what I could find in one arrangement.
Love that you're using your talent!
oh girls, you're making me blush!
but really, i just wing it, and i really AM just starting on sewing(other than buttons and pillows and such growing up).
The flowers were from Aldi, believe it or not!!
they had a lot of variety for Valentine's day, and i got 2 bunches of the purple and white and 6 red roses all for $12. serisouly!
Sam's has a good selection at times too.
Shnucks has some fun unique flowers but they are expensive, i think.
I LOVE aldi flowers. they are the best! i used to get some, 3.99 a bouqet, each month. plus they stay pretty for like 2 weeks.
Great job on the covers, they are beautiful!!! I am also trying to sew some more, I have sewn since jr high but really have been getting more and more inspired lately!!! I love seeing others projects on line, gives me great ideas!!! One blog that I follow is Make it and love it. She does a ton of sewing and she is amazing, check her out!! Anyway, keep up the great job!!
Thanks! This gives me some good ideas of places to look.
That cracks me up! My mom has always folded and saved tissue paper...and I did at first, then SoldierMan would throw it away and just tell me to buy more...so now I fold it, then throw it away...old habits...
I save tissue paper and bags too...I have a whole rubbermaid container full of them (go figure!)
If you need any help with zippers/quilts/etc., let me know. Between my mother, sister and myself, I'm sure we could help! (I have the least knowledge, of course...but I do have a couple of quilts under my belt now!) (O:
Glad you had an easier day with less kiddos! ;-)
i am SO stealing the tissue paper idea. LOVE.
give me some of that tissue paper---I am running SO low!
The covers look great :)
And oh Aldi---they steal my heart with their low prices.
Post a Comment