Thursday, June 24, 2010

comfort food?

say a little prayer for our family if you have a spare moment, for guidance and strength and wisdom.
thanks!

this whole week Joel has come home from work, showered, left for camp, and then come home and got in bed.
especially after he was gone the whole weekend previously too, Leland is hurting for some daddy time.
the last two days i was about to the point of locking him in his room because he was driving me so crazy.

today i decided to take a different approach. there are a million other things that i should be doing, but we are having a fun day instead. Leland loves to cook and bake, and baking is therapeutic for me when i don't know what to make of life. so we made some pear bread pudding and for lunch we made a pasta, pepper and chicken mix. We used lots from our trip to Soulard market last saturday: pacific rim blend pasta, peppers, pears...

the pudding isn't as firm as i would have liked but it's delicious with the vanilla sauce we whipped up.
here's my little baker:










they ate it all up really well, aside from the red noodles, they were pretty spicy!
i wish we still had blueberries left, it would have made a more dramatic sauce for the bread pudding.
maybe next time.

tonight Granny is supposed to take us to Splash City which should be fun.
having a hard time not dwelling on worries and reverting to my formerly stressed out-controlling-panic attacking waiting to happen- self. there's a fine line between having responsible concern and being stressed.
I want to enjoy being out tonight with the kids but almost feel like i shouldn't because of the things that i have to figure out.
ah well.

I hope you are all having a good week and are enjoying time with your family in the sun.
even more, i hope you are listening to what God has for you this week and going for it!
i'm gonna get some studying in while Emory naps and Leland reads in his tent.... or watches Backyardigans if i'm feeling generous.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the raised eyebrow!

Devan said...

Isn't it so easy to get discouraged? That's where I am at too. Hope you are pushing through it successfully. Love you friend. :)

susanna said...

the raised eyebrow picture is the cutest. :) and i love soulard market. if only i could bake...
praying for you guys!
and it's okay in regards to the message. i can be a patient lady.

Jillian said...

I lub you. I STILL have not made my noodles. I'm lame.