With the kids being sick, changes in the works, and other little things i'm being emptied and can't find time to fill up!
I missed church 2 weeks ago because of the kids both being sick and our parents not being available to keep them, and then this week, we went but i had Emory with me because i didn't want to put her in the nursery with such a bad cough. She was very talkative for some reason so i ended up in the foyer so she wouldn't disturb everyone else.
We've missed small group pretty much the whole month too.
Joel stayed home from work sick yesterday, slept on the couch downstairs and only moved about 2 times all day.
i guess what i'm trying to say is i need some me and Jesus time!!!
if i could make time stand still for a few hours and just read my Bible and pray it would do me a world of good.
I'm hoping to squeeze in at least 15 minutes while the babies nap-- i'll put Leland in the bath tub and sit in the bathroom with him!
i'd probably get more time in but our dish washing machine isn't working (again) so i've been investing an insane amount of time elbow deep in suds trying to catch up! The annoying thing about dishes is that as soon as you are almost caught up you have to fix a meal and you start all over again. Oh for the days i could just get something done with out having to run every 2 minutes from the task at hand to the children! wash a dish, wipe a nose, wash a dish, change a diaper, wash a dish, break up a fight, wash a dish, adjust Superman's cape.
Anyway! seeing as i have dishes to do, babies to lay down for nap and Jesus to meet, i'll leave you with these pics of my dears from last week when they were sick and Emmy was NOT in the mood for pictures, pretty funny.
disregard Leland's funny bed hair and Emory's runny nose.
and yes, his shirt says 'my mom is hot' and no, i did not buy it:O)




7 comments:
I think we all need a little one on one time with Jesus, I know I have needed to take time out of my day and do that as well! Your children are adorable, and I love the shirt Leland has on, how funny, but true...you are a hot momma!! I hope you have a wonderful week!
xoxo~Meg
i can really tell physically when i do not get my one-on-one time with Jesus. but it is so hard sometimes to make the time. praying that you can get those 15 minutes in...shoot even 5 or 10 minutes is better than nothing!!
oh this is funny b/c I just was telling someone that all I used to do was wipe butts, make lunches, wash dishes, do laundry, only to do the evil cycle all over again! Go pray and get some God time girl :)
I love the look on her face. :) One day she'll like it when boys kiss her.
I am right there with you!!! We are going to small group tonight and I am really hoping for a great spiritual discussion!!! I have the sick kid, teething kid, nover had a dishwasher, and all that too!!! I will make you a deal, I will pray for you and all your needs and you pray for me!! That should take the burden off of somethings, right?!?! Well jsut wanted to let you know you are not alone!!!
aww Elise I'm so sorry! I know how I feel if I miss out on time with Jesus. I'll be praying for you!
thanks everybody:O) i got a good 15 min in before a baby woke up!!!
Post a Comment