I am viewing something right now that is changing my life.
Have any of you heard of the Young At Heart Chorus?
OH MAN.
We don't have cable. We have a few channels depending on the day. For the last 3 months we haven't had channel 9, PBS.
Tonight, thank goodness, we do.
It's the first night of American Idol, but is that what we are watching? No. No America, this is so much better. These are the true American idols.

Meet Young At Heart.
These elderly people are talented, full of heart and STINKING HILARIOUS!
They sing and do "music videos" of everything from "I Want to be Sedated" by the Ramones, "Purple Haze" by Jimi Hendrix, to "I Feel Good" by James Brown. They travel and have even performed for the King and Queen of Scotland, if i recall correctly. This is a link for the trailer
This is a great documentary about people who are vibrant and joyful even when they are sick and old.
I can't tell you how funny and endearing it is.
One second you are dying laughing, and the next you are trying not to cry because one of the Chorus members really IS dying.
Poor Bob.
After they found out that Bob died the group still had to perform for inmates at a prison. You should have seen these inmates faces when they sang a song for Bob. They were holding back tears.
But really, PLEASE PLEASE google this group, or even just 'old people singing I Want to be Sedated'.
It will make your day. Then buy the documentary so you get the whole picture. That's not my favorite part, but it's pretty great.
And did i mention the Coldplay cover? WOW.
I know this will probably be our first purchase when we have any kind of spending money. It will be money well spent!
Old people are so wise. So ridiculous at the same time. Priceless.




6 comments:
That is AWESOME!! Thanks for posting!
Hahah Thats awesome! Thank you for showing me that! Is that a tv series? Oh and nice Ben Folds on your playlist! I probably will listen to all ben folds all the way to school now :)
<3
It's just a documentary, but i wish it were a series!
I will have to check them out, I usually just watch the Antique Road Show on PBS! By the way, you have a very diverse playlist, I like it, have you ever heard of the band Showbread?
We will have to check this out! Sounds hilarious!
Loved it I watched it about a year ago I think on HBO. So funny and touching! I cried when at the end they list who has died etc. It is a must see!
Post a Comment