I am not really a genius, but I am SO excited about how an idea I had is panning out... i've been trying to think of ways to encourage and not nag...
Joel and I have been together for a very long time- since we were 16/17-- and we are VERY different.
Right now i'm talking about our spiritual life, although if you know us, you know it's pretty much across the board!
I have always been very bookish, love a good Bible study, like to live by the rules type...
Joel is very social, great at having real life talks about Jesus, confident in what he believes and a little crazy.
It's always bugged me that he isn't as gung-ho about sitting down to read the Bible or a good book; he being my spiritual leader, that's what i wanted!! I'm coming to terms with the fact that we are wired differently, and just because it's harder for him to pick a book, doesn't mean he isn't trying. NOW! the exciting part.
New Year, new focus, new attempt at making the same things stick:O)
I need to work out and need Joel's encouragement to do it. I need him to say "HEY! get up! Let's work out!!" nicely of course, but firmly. And even though it's me who "needs" him to lead me spiritually and pick up a book, i think he "needs" my encouragement to getting nerdy and be in the Word. SO! i think... we are always too tired to read or workout..... but when we go to bed..... Joel is no longer tired. And i'm STILL tired because i'm feeling lazy and uninspired. You may or may not be getting the picture, but since i prefaced this with PG 13, i'll just go there. I don't really feel like getting busy when i feel fat and distant. I'm one of those... it would be great to have a conversation about something other than potty-training or car repairs before things get going!
sorry if this is too much detail, but here comes the best part:
I decided to issue a challenge.
Bible study(everyday) + working out(everyday) = sex(everyday).
HA!
don't make fun of me, because it WORKED!
we are currently reading "To Live is Christ" by Beth Moore (and prayer journaling), doing the Biggest Looser work outs and well... you know.

The change in both of us already is awesome. We are happy! In the midst of financial crisis, political turmoil, and all around uncertainty, we are going in the right direction.
so here's to my genius and getting lucky!

p.s. Every time we get done reading, Joel says, "Man i love this BOOK!"
pinch me!




7 comments:
You crack me up! I love Beth Moore, I did the Bible Study of hers called "Breaking Free" and it was awsome! I have wanted to do another one, so maybe I will give this one a try! And maybe my hubby will join in as well, and then...! Thanks for making me smile, I really needed to this morning! Have a wonderful weekend!
xoxo~Meg
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Elise this kills me. SO funny.
Good for you!
GENIUS!!!!! Stinking genious!!!!!!
We actualy started scheduling out time to come together b/c whenever the mood came about for one, the other wasn't feeling it.
But i LOVE this idea much more!!!!
Maybe I'll present it to the hubs and everything will be much more enjoyable.
LOV EIT! GENIUS!!! Stinking GENIUS!!!!
i am so happy that no one has left me a "you are so weird and inappropriate!" comment :O)
lol.
try it guys... i mean it! no nagging! it's bliss!
(until bob is trying to kill me in the workouts anyway)
Oooh. What a great idea! :)
Thanks for your comment, by the way. Others have not been quite so nice! :)
I love this - best blog of the week right here - by far!
Hahahhah you're so funny! Congrats ;)
Post a Comment