Saturday, June 4, 2011

Surprise Arrival!

On wednesday i was in the middle of a post apologizing for not posting- explaining i've been a lazy blogger but a busy house keeper... i typed "don't be alarmed, i haven't had the baby, definitely still pregnant. Although we did go for a practice run/ false alarm on sunday night!" But some increasingly annoying contractions kept interrupting my blogging and i finally decided i would run a bath to get them to stop. I went to the bathroom as i was filling up the tub and thought.... gee, i think this is the real deal. I'd been having contractions all week and these ones were 5 mins apart, hurting and getting closer. I was having to coach myself not to yell at Leland when he would touch my arm or try to hug me during one.... that seemed like the real thing. Poor kid didn't deserve to be a 4 year old labor coach! So i called Joel @ work, he dropped everything and rushed home, granny picked up the kids and we sped to the hospital. (which if you remember is about an hour and thirty minutes from our house.)
I was 6 to 7 cm when we arrived (at 2:40 pm), and 8 cm when i (THANK YOU LORD) got my epidural. At 6:59 pm we had our sweet baby boy in our arms! Bada bing!
I'll fill you in on the details later (such as our Dr being on vacation in FLORIDA!), but for now Oliver and the rest of the family are doing absolutely wonderfully. We came home the next night and have been getting settled as a family of 5 since.
We are completely in love with our new sweetheart and his dark hair and chubby cheeks.
He was 8 lbs (much bigger than Leland & Emory!) 19 3/4 inches and ready to eat as soon as he was born :O)
I just can't get enough of the sweet soft hair and the dimples. more soon!


















Oliver Edmund Sprenger
8 lbs 19 3/4 in
June 1st, 2011 @ 6:59 pm

11 comments:

vintagevingette said...

i simply adore all that hair oliver has. your family just gets cuter everyday! <3

Melissa said...

A blog post so soon! Thanks for sharing the story. He looks sweet, sweet!

Janie Fox said...

he is perfect. so happy for you :)

just_me_tiff said...

congrats! He is beautiful, just like your other kids.

Welcome! said...

the best surprise ever!!! we were so happy to see you 3. i think oliver is a keeper!

JG said...

He is so precious! Congratulations!!

No Big Dill said...

OH!! For the past 3 nights I have gone to bed thinking, I need to check to see if Elise has had her baby and then by morning my pregnant brain has forgotten. HOORAY! Can't wait to hear the unabridged version and see more photos of that newborn face. Glad both of you are doing well. xoxo katy

No Big Dill said...

OH!! For the past 3 nights I have gone to bed thinking, I need to check to see if Elise has had her baby and then by morning my pregnant brain has forgotten. HOORAY! Can't wait to hear the unabridged version and see more photos of that newborn face. Glad both of you are doing well. xoxo katy

Grace said...

Oh Elise, he is just precious!! Congratulations to you and welcome baby Oliver! I hope you're settling in and managing to get some sleep.

elise said...

thank you everyone! your sweet comments mean so much :O)

Cayce said...

CONGRATULATIONS!
Oliver is absolutely perfect!

Here's to a quick recovery and good night's sleep...