Saturday we had breakfast brunch with Granny & Gramps and then went to cousin Adrienne's wedding in Salem with Nana & Papa.
Sunday was the birthday party/meet & greet with Oliver.
Of course, our batteries in the camera were dead (baby brain?) so we'll have to wait on pictures from Nana & Granny's cameras.
My favorite moment at a 2 year old's party is when everyone sings them happy birthday with the candles lit, and their face is full of wonder and awe over the hugeness of that attention. Leland had the same look of happy disbelief at his 2nd birthday too. love.it.
My mother made a beautiful little strawberry shortcake themed cake, i threw together some strawberry/blackberry/blueberry shortcake with homemade whipped cream and Granny brought lots of little cupcakes to go with. A special shout out to the Householder family who showed up on time and helped me with a number of things that weren't ready- including cleaning & cutting a billion strawberries!
So thankful that so many of our sweet friends & family were able to come celebrate with us- we were thrilled to see each and every one of you!
Here's Emory in her birthday tutu earlier in the week & Oliver in his wedding attire at a stop on the way home.

Emory, you are your own little person- full of ideas and smiles that are sure to get you in and out of lots of trouble. You push us to the limit but are truly heartbroken when we're upset with you. We LOVE hearing your little voice say "I need to kiss you!" and "It's my happy BERT-day!". You are always busy busy busy and enjoying every aspect of life completely- and you let us know if something is getting in the way of that ;o) You are such a good big sister/little momma already and we can't wait to see what amazing things God has ahead for you. You have our hearts, pretty baby. Happy Birthday!




3 comments:
I love Emory Saige!!!! :)
I love the love!!!
you get that, right?
I love it
Happy Birthday! She looks so sweet in her tutu. :)
Glad you liked the print. I thought since this was your third you might like something a little out of the box. I remembered your green walls you shared (no I'm not a stalker, I just have a good color-memory :) ) and so when I saw this I thought it might look really good in your living room.
Hope your recovery is going well!
Post a Comment