i'm not seeing my husband much lately because he's been busy, so i've had quite a few nights home with the kids by myself ... i have been making the choice to have fun instead of be mopey about the lack of adult conversation and honey time.
last night we went on a sunset bike ride and it felt GREAT. i put the kids to bed and then fell asleep on the couch while i was reading my Bible. i still had plenty to do but i was so tired i just gave in.
i felt pretty yesterday too, despite the extra weight and the sticky heat.
i've could live in this dress that my mom got me for Christmas; it's black and to the knee, so comfortable it could be jammies. seriously, i want it in 6 colors.
i'm wearing it again today, i won't lie!
its between 70 and 78 degrees in the house with the windows down and the fans on, i refuse to use the AC in April, so this dress is cool and breezy. but enough about me.
Leland was cracking me up last night. he saw my little pile in the kitchen of things to take to the recycle bin and declared "Mommy i need to help you recycle!" i took his picture because he was so thrilled to help and proud about it. its the little things i guess ;o)
i'm of the opinion that the world will not end if we don't recycle, but that is a responsible and reasonable thing to do. My mom recycled way before it was the cool thing to do because it's part of being a good steward and i'm glad Leland is picking up on it:O)
this was the sky while the kids and i ate dinner...
tomorrow is the last day that we will have extra friends during the week...
other than a few days her and there i have never JUST been mommy at home with my own babies.
this is a bit stressful but also exciting. It's only until the school year starts back up so i know that we won't starve, but it will be interesting trying to come up with the income we'll be missing... i'm trying to think of it as a challenge and not scary as all get out:O)
the absolutely wonderful part is the freedom. we'll miss our girls but last night while i was riding with the kids i told Leland starting next week we would be able to take a bike ride whenever we want, and boy you should have seen his face!!
i'll be compiling all the free fun activities in the area and let him pick one each week, and although we will have to take daddy to work at 5:45 am in order to do them it will be worth it!
i'm also looking forward to downsizing the amount of toys, baby equipment and STUFF that is everywhere. it takes less to entertain 2 kids.
so... here's to the uncertainty and the excitement... to endless bike rides, picnics and bubbles... to baseball and dandelions... sprinklers and sunscreen.... to finding a jogging stroller so i can train for the next 5k.... to friends and family fun.
i.can't.wait.




6 comments:
so proud of you for recognizing all these blessings and seeing certain things as challenges!! sounds like some fun times are ahead...can i come over for all that good stuff too? i wish i lived only a bike ride away. :)
you look so beautiful! I'm looking for a jogging stroller too! We can complain about pushing the extra weight together. :)
Sounds like a fun summer! I think we should hang out together when subbing is over. On another note, do you know how to make aprons? I was wanting to give my friend Tina a recipe box with my favorite recipes and an apron. They are just so expensive at stores. If you don't know how, do you know anyone who does? Hope you have a good day with your cuties.
I loved this post so much. It was so awesome. It just made me feel good after reading it. I always recycle. I don't have a t-shirt/tote/etc saying that I love to recycle but I just do. Anything I can I recycle because it is nice to recycle. I feel good doing it! I'm not a recycle nazi though! Hehe!
I love good breezy summer dresses! And I'll have to admit, I am turning my AC on stat! :-x haha Me+Humidy=enemies!
<3you elise!
I remember that dress and thought it looked so good on you that I almost asked where you got it so I could get one too! (O:
We will miss seeing you everyday...so maybe you'll have to keep me posted on your free activities and maybe Emilia and I can come back into town to visit! (O:
i think you are pretty. just fyi
Post a Comment