So! here we go on the 5 things i'm obsessed with....
#1- reading... i'm obsessed with reading! I love good old classics like Pride & Prejudice, less old but still classic Chronicles of Narnia, and new books by the likes of Ted Decker, Francine Rivers and more. Pretty much anything by C.S. Lewis is pure magic.

#2- Ice Cream... Love me some Ice Cream!! So hard to pick a favorite. i love chocolate ice cream with loads of fixings in it, i love vanilla custard with blackberries and pecans... i love vanilla and orange sherbet twist. I have a serious problem!!!

#3- worrying... i know that's not really what this is supposed to be about... but i don't really have many obsession other than God & my family... obsession meaning things i really love or spend alot of time on or can't live with out. worry is something that has always been as natural as breathing for me. Sad i know! i've been working on it and am getting ALOT better. I know that God has things under control, truly believe that with all my heart, but i'm really bad at internalizing things and over thinking things. but as i say, making progress!

#4- my church!!! I love my church home/family. if you are in the STL or SO-IL area you need to come! Cornerstone Christian Church in Shiloh IL. We of course have hiccups and holdups and problems, but it is really a loving, learning, God glorifying place. there's a place for everybody there, from kids with developmental delays, people with addiction problems, young families, grandparents, military, civilian, you name it! Not to mention (shameless plug, watch out) the heartfelt band that leads worship in the evening (hub is in) and the amazing scripture and spirit lead preaching. Come visit!

#5- my kids. I tried not to include my family or God in here, but it was too hard. Leland is the funniest kid ever. i know everyone thinks that about their own kids and kids in general are hysterical because of the way they are so honest and learning everything at the same time. but! i remain convinced that he is just amazing. and Emory just has the sparkle in her eyes and joy in her smile that nothing else compares to. I could just eat them right up!!





3 comments:
Serious props for continuing to write and create in a world of increasingly shortened and simplified tweets and status updates. Shame on those of us who really enjoy writing for letting it distract us.
Keep it up.
that ice cream cone picture made me drool... and seriously crave a soft serve loaded with rainbow sprinkles.
and i love our church too! it pretty much rocks.
I love this! I am following your blog on my readers list but for some reason, it wasn't showing any of your posts on my main screen :( I re-added you and caught up on the happenings in your life! I missed reading your blog and i'm glad I finally figured it out!
:)
Post a Comment