this means that even though no one commented on my last post (nbd) i know that 58 people read it. That is pretty cool.
i know personally, i often read through the blogs on my blog roll quickly and only inject comments some of the time. I wonder if its a sign that i should be more exciting or engaging? i guess this blog is essentially for me, but i really enjoy getting to talk to people over the age of 4 via blog land:O) regardless, it's a fun little button.
i hope *some body* tried the plum galette!! did i mention how easy easy easy it was? and how delectable it was?! okay, i'll give it a rest :O)
for all my motivation and discipline last week i'm so tired and out of it this morning!
i will blame the time change, having to be up early, and the SNOW. yup, more snow. in March!
saturday we rode our bikes to the park to play and today there is slush and snow. oh well!
As much as i wasn't thrilled to see more of the white stuff when i woke up, last night Joel and i were watching footage from Japan and i just can't get over the devastation there. I don't know if i've ever been more glad to live in boring old IL. Tornados, 'blizzards'- fine with me. complete and utter chaos of buildings falling and then being swept away by the water like leaves in the ditch- thousands dead... it's mind blowing and chilling. During lunch we'll be praying for all those in danger, dismay and disaster mode. Fasting isn't really recommended during pregnancy but i really want to spend the lunch hour lifting Japan up to God in that same manner of intensity so we'll eat small and simple and then get to it.
Feel free to join us!
if you would like to donate to help with the devastation, some of our friends HERE are currently involved with church planting in Japan. Click the link for more info.
tomorrow is Leland's 4th birthday. i thought i would share some pictures of him from the past years and some things about him right now. (edit* after going through pictures there are a million. i'm sorry. i just really like him!) with out further ado, Leland Hunter:





















Leland has recently "perfected" spelling and writing his first name. (that lowercase E is really hard!) We are working on reading and he is recognizing letters very well. He would like to go fishing or work outside every single day. He loves riding his bike and helping me cook. His favorite snack is peanut butter, honey & bananas in secret (pita) bread. He and daddy are reading The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe before bed and every morning he tells me about what they read last night. He is always talking about his buddy Jax who is in Germany, his sweetie Brooklynn who is in Iowa and his new friend Herrison who is "really strong". He loves hanging out with his almost sisters Lucy and Jane. He takes care of Emory and annoys her too. He can't wait to work on his tree fort with daddy this summer and start "big boy" school work in the fall. oh, and play kung fu and spiderman with his baby brother in June.
thanks for bearing with the tons of pictures- this past year had too much fun stuff to choose from :O)




8 comments:
that was the sweetest blog ever. minus japan. i almost teared up looking at the pictures and reading. you are such a fun little family. i love LOVE that their are people like you in the world :)
My little guy turned 4 last week! Happy birthday to Leland!
We tried the plum galette last night! I wasn't sure how it would go over since we don't eat plums often but everyone loved it! Thanks for sharing. =)
Happy Birthday Leland!
@Marie- thank you sweet friend:O)
@megan- happy birthday to your little fella too!
@angel- i'm SO happy you tried it!!! Leland says thanks :O)
sweet sweet pictures! happy birthday big boy!!
who do you know from MSGF? 2 of our dear friends, Jared & Steph Henke are there for 5 yrs....curious if they're on the same team!
I'm a faithful lurker! The down side of using Reader is that I rarely comment on blogs anymore. :( That's tacky of me, I know.
I enjoy your blog and Leland looks like a trip. I have my own 4 yr old and he's all about transformers right now.
Thanks for being a great momfluence. :)
Cayce
Oh sweet & funny Leland! Love that little guy. The other day, Jax did something the reminded us of Leland and it made us laugh. He was getting ready to run somewhere and he twisted his body and bent his arms, pulled one arm back and the other sort of across his body, got a smirk on his face and took off. It reminded me ofhow Leland would start to run.
Thanks so much for that link! I've been waiting to donate to any group until I knew it would go directly to the people. After getting screwed over by the Red Cross with Haiti, I'm only giving to local mission groups from here on out.
And I'm a horrible commenter these days! I still read, but I barely have time to comment on things. I don't know how that could be, but still somehow the days don't seem long enough, even with daylight savings.
Post a Comment