Tuesday, March 15, 2011

maternity pictures!

our sweet friend Jessica who took our family pictures this past November is going to be doing some maternity/newborn pictures for us soon!
i have been thinking about looking online for some examples of what i'd like and OH MAN is it hysterical. mostly i'm finding examples of what i don't want, and with out trying to be mean some of these are sooooooo funny! i apologize if i post a picture of anyone you know or are related to-- i think pregnancy is a beautiful wonderful thing, but well, i think the pictures pretty well explain themselves. enjoy:

#1- the sensual in sheets


#2- the sensitive father


(can't you just see this with Joel's lumberjack beard caressing my stretch marked belly? eeeeeeew!)

#3- the i can't button my pants


#4- the cheesy side of the moon


#5- the preggo peep-show



now for some a bit more my taste:








do you have any wonderful ideas to share??

10 comments:

Jillian said...

You an joel could dress up in body suits and...
okay not really.

Maybe you could bring sweet things like a bouquet of flowers for a prop or do a whimsical white dress in a field with a flower crown on your head...that would be pretty!

Welcome! said...

oh my goodness i think i just peed my pants from the laughter!!!! so funny! its a tie for me between the sensual in sheet and i can't button my pants!

JG said...

Those are my taste, too. I call them "fashion maternity shoots." That's going to be my route. I do not get nude maternity photos. Although, I have seen where some women will get henna painted on their bellies, and in that case I can go with exposing my belly, cause it's not just....stretchy skin, you know? We are on the same wavelength, I think. :)

Melissa said...

Hilarious. Makes you wonder if these people were taking themselves seriously.

How about some of those huge, oversized balloons? Like these:

http://www.balloondeliverydenver.com/?p=2212

Monica said...

Oh gosh! These are too funny. I like the first two the best. I mean the normal first two! Outdoors would be fun. I always like pics that were taken outside. Natural light is the best. No matter what, you will look awesome!

Britney said...

The ones in the fields for sure. :)

Jenni said...

So, did you ever check get the awkward family photos preggo pics to come up? If you're already going to be doing some in a field, you could copy that Father Figure one....heehee. Just sayin'.

Margo Tirado said...

Ha ha! Those are hilarious! Do people really frame those and put them up in their house??? I feel honored that one of mine is included in the ones you like! :-) Annie took ours and has great ideas!

Christina Studio Designs said...

hahah!!!!!!! I simply could not STOP laughing!!!!

In the Weeds and the Whimsy said...

Paint your belly like an archery target and then have joel dress up like a cupid with a heart bow and arrow.

DO THIS FOR REAL!!!