Wednesday, February 16, 2011

you will notice...

Leland and Emory are growing up way too quickly.
Last night Joel was putting Leland back in bed after a "i'm scared" room escape and they had this little dialogue:

Joel: you need to stay in bed pal, goodnight.
Leland: I'm just scared with no person in here with me.
Joel: You sleep in here every night by yourself, we are just in the other room.
Leland: You will notice that i've been coming to sleep with you in your bed.
Joel: (stifled laughter)

He actually *has been waking up early morning and snuggling in with Joel. I have no idea where the "you'll notice" came from. what a riot.

Emory received a Potty Watch from Granny this past week and it is working like a charm. You set it for 30, 60 or 90 minutes and when it goes off a song plays and lights blink. She screams "Emmy peeeeeeee!" and runs to the toilet. It's so funny and its actually working. She was dry all morning yesterday and is doing great so far today. Just have to remember to take it off during nap time and car rides or she has a heart attack because there isn't a potty available. I'm loving it... but 30 minutes comes really quickly when you are trying to fix diner, take care of other kids, etc.


I made quite a few baby gifts last month and was in such a hurry i didn't share them. i love the color combos and am excited to do some boy ones coming up soon.







This past Sunday Joel and I had the joy of taking Leland to the Saint Louis Symphony at Powell Hall for the family concert of Peter & the Wolf. They also played a few other pieces such as the Overture from the Barber of Seville which Leland recognized from a Backyardigans episode and Joel recognized from Bugs Bunny. We all loved it- the conductor was excellent and they did a great job of making the whole thing kid friendly. We got a good deal on the tickets so we were able to sit in the orchestra section (although the back) but of course Leland wanted to go up and explore the balcony afterwards.





Joel and I are very excited to return in the beginning of April to enjoy the scores of the Lord of the Rings movies.
I was very proud of my boys- Leland was so well behaved and started conducting along because he was so intently watching & listening. Joel loved checking out the microphones and explaining to Leland the way the room was designed for sound with its curved and textured walls. He will be such a good homeschool dad :O)

I'm really excited about a new adventure with Katy over at No Big Dill.
(she's so sweet- and don't get me started on her five precious daughters) You may have seen the button regarding Once Upon a Thread... It's a whole month devoted to sewing inspired by children's books. Two of my favorite things organized by one of my favorite bloggers! Check it out, i promise you won't be disappointed. It officially starts in March but we get a few weeks to hear about it and prep for it.

I am still feeling wonderful and you can look forward to hearing all about the new foods we are trying in future posts.
So far i've made my own chicken stock (no MSG!) , chicken and brown rice soup, raw cheese cake with almond & fig crust (gluten free) and a mess of veggies. I still have a LONG way to go and this blog The Nourishing Cook is helpful as well. She is cooking through the Nourishing Traditions cookbook and giving tips and family ratings on each recipe they try. Check it out!

Until next time dears.

6 comments:

Jillian said...

I seriously can't believe how big they both are getting.
And I can't believe there is another little one on his way to meet us all...crazy town!

I'm excited to check out the "Once Upon a Thread" thing :)

Love you.

*your downstairs tenant. haha.

Melissa said...

Where did the potty watch come from?! I am drumming up ideas as we will soon embark on this endeavor. So glad you are feeling well - I read recently on another blog about someone who made their own stock and have been contemplating it - I just can't get past the gizzards and livers and other yucky stuff!

Abbie said...

i am seriously jealous of your ability to sew. i only dabble in straight lines. :)

Welcome! said...

haha funny boy, that Leland. :)

was the cheesecake good?! sounds delishirific.

I LOVE the baby stuff AND mixing sewing/children's books! Why haven't I ever thought of this?!

My sewing machine is getting dusted off and brought out TONIGHT!

crystal said...

the orchestra sounds just lovely. and what a handsome little man. so happy that you are still feeling so great!

Gypsy Sparrow said...

this looks like so much fun! Thanks :) I get sappy every now and then ;)