Tuesday, October 26, 2010

the heart of the matter...

thank you so much for all of the congratulations and excitement over baby #3.
we were still in negotiations about having a third when the decision was made for us:O)
Surprise!

the day i finally had a positive test after suspecting for a while, i read the "your developing baby week 5" blurb on baby center.
part of it read:

His heart and circulatory system begin to form in the middle layer, or mesoderm. (This week, in fact, his tiny heart begins to divide into chambers and beat and pump blood.) The mesoderm will also form your baby's muscles, cartilage, bone, and subcutaneous (under skin) tissue.

i prayed that our little baby's heart would develop well and that it would grow healthy and strong.

it never ceases to amaze me, the development of our little people in the womb, the wondrous, marvelous way that God has orchestrated life.

that same day i read this news from my friend Annie:
The bad news came after all of the talk above. Right now there is an opening between our babies two ventricles. We go back in 3 weeks for another ultrasound of the heart to see if the hole is still there or if it grows shut. Today I'm 20 weeks 2 days pregnant & around 22 weeks is the best time to really look over the heart in an ultrasound. Right now we don't know what will happen. If our baby still has a hole in his or her heart, that means we most likely will deliver at a hospital much larger than Champaign - I'm guessing that means St. Louis, Chicago, or Indy and surgery of some sort.

it just broke my heart that as i was praying for my baby's heart, Annie's heart was aching for Little Ollie's heart.
Friends, today is the day that Annie & her husband Jade go for their ultrasound. Right now they are looking at their 3rd baby, Ollie's darling heart, praying for healing.
i've been praying daily for them and am asking that just for today all of you would join me.

6 comments:

Cayce said...

Congratulations! Wow #3! Looking forward to hearing about the pregnancy.
Also, praying for your friend...

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you Elise! You're such a good mama and little Ollie is going to be so lucky <3 I'll also put a shout out in my prayers for your little bambino when I say my prayers <3 Congrats!

JG said...

I was born with a hole in my heart (among other things) and still have it. It's amazing, what medical science can do now. Sending up a prayer for your friends!

emili said...

praying for both of you! congratulations darling :) sending lots of love from the west coast!

Maggie Daniel said...

how did i miss this news?! i'm so excited for you! Congrats to you and Joel both! YAY!

Devan said...

How scary! I know that I'm late but I will be praying. I know I would be fighting terrification. Praying that they are learning an amazing lesson of trust and being drought so much closer to the Lord.