it's been a pretty good week in our household.
yummy things made, good conversations had, goofy times with the kiddos.
wednesday night we sat down after the kids were in bed and sorted through two HUGE boxes of records from freecycle.
(if you haven't heard about it, people post things they don't want anymore and you get them for free, people also post wants and if you can help them out you do)
holy moly.
there is so much greatness. i couldn't begin to list all of the greats. today we listened to: Johnny Mathis, Frank Sinatra, The Monkees, Michael Jackson (thriller), classical arrangements, showtunes, kids disney albums... and so much more.
We had put our enormous record player in the garage to have more space in the living room and hadn't brought up the smaller cuter one yet. I'm pretty sure it was Joel's great grandma's that she had in the nursing home.
So we brought it up, got it working, sorted the awesome records from the who-in-the-world-is-this-and-why-would-you-listen-to-them ones, and started listening.
poor Emory is finally get some teeth in and is sick at the same time.
she was gagging and couldn't breathe last night so neither of us got much sleep. this was her don't mess with me face:
i'll spare you the details, but let me just say that cloth diapers and a sick baby are not cool. totally should keep some disposables on hand for times like these. yuck.
one of the vendors/planners/super cool gals from the craft fair last week was Amy Rose of Bunnies and Bows.
she is SOOOOOOO talented. i'm pretty artsy, and i always loved to doodle, but never ever will my doodles look like this:

her prints are really reasonable too! I am loving these three for Emory's room and i'd love to hang them on wire/string across/over her changing table that will soon just be a dresser.
i've got all the things i need to turn her room into a little girl room instead of a nursery and i'm really looking forward to starting on it...eventually i will get to! I've decided to make her a quilt for her bed instead of trying to buy one any i'm super excited.
but back to the point, these are the three prints, in the order i would hang them, because i'm a dork:O)
So perfect, right? especially with the super cute vintage tea set that my little sister Nicole snagged for Emory.
I need to mention that all of the profit from her art work is helping Amy Rose make her way to Japan on a mission trip. Please check out her work!
I finished the Duggar's book and there were tons of things i loved about it and will take away to use myself. I just have to share this one gem. If you've ever watched the show you have probably noticed that all of the kids are really well behaved. They aren't perfect little prim children who sit quietly all day long, but they are very obedient. In the chapter about correcting and training 'little ones' MIchelle said this about the importance of teaching her children to obey:
"I tell them, As i teach you to obey my voice, I'm also teaching you to learn to obey God's voice. Someday you will learn to hear his still, small voice in your heart and you will know to obey Him. You'll know what's the right thing to do."
how important to correlate obeying our earthly parents and obeying our heavenly Father, listening to the prodding of the Holy Spirit?!
love it. one other thing about instilling contentment:
"One of the lessons we teach our children is to be content with the food and clothing they have, using the possessions they have and keeping their focus on the purpose for which God made them."
isn't that a daily struggle for us as adults?! how great to have that understood and taken care of at a young age, although i'm sure they will need reminders and they grow up too.
and now, i will drink a rootbeer, eat too many muffins and watch Pride and Prejudice by myself, while waiting for my husband to get back from playing a show.
cheers!




6 comments:
I love record players!! I have one in my kitchen and I will have to share a picture with you. I am looking for records currently! Share some with me if you have them! :D
Good quote by the Duggars! The one about appreciating the clothes and food they have. I think thats my biggest struggle and maybe I should appreciate what I have instead of always want new.
Lovely post! Your babies are simply adorable, as always! :)
<3
I have a happy birthday surprise for miss emmy! :)
Those are very cute prints! :)
wow that book sounds amazing. Oh and I love the movie Pride and Prejudice!
Love the record player! And how amazing that you got those for free! I'm always blown away when I get an awesome score like that from freecycle.
I love the Duggar's book :), you picked a great line to post!
Post a Comment