Thursday, March 4, 2010

loosing my marbles??


source

i think i may have gone a little crazy today.

if you were to ask me, Elise what things do you absolutely hate to do? the list would be as follows (short version)

1. run
2. laundry
3. run
4. laundry
5. RUN.

guess what i signed up to do?

RUN!!!!

oh dear. a *****5k***** !!!
my wonderful friends Annie and Jaime have been running for a while and doing a great job.
Jaime's little guy Jax is one of Leland's favorite friends and Jaime signed him up for the kids 50 yard dash. One of Jax and Leland's favorite past times is running together at church. (our worship center is also like a big gym, a far cry from being told "no running in church!!!!" when we were growing up:O) So i asked Leland if he wanted to race with Jax and he of course, said yes.
so i thought, i should run with the gals, right? yikes. Two of our other friends Katie and Neely just started running with this group of crazy ladies and are doing their first 5k April 10th, and now, now for some insane reason, i am joining them.

i really think i did it because i NEED to work out, loose weight and feel better.
I won't want to look like a fool in April (ONE MONTH AWAY!!!!) so i will force myself to train.... that is the plan.

in other news, we painted today and it was pretty cute.



then i painted Super Why on Leland's belly before he got in the bath:O)


also, Emory is more diligent about attempting to crawl, although she'd still prefer to just roll everywhere and gets a little testy when she's not going as quickly as she'd like:




she gets mad and decides to roll instead; and then claps about her decision!

they had their first joint bubble bath last night too, Emory was pretty excited...



i'll let you know tomorrow how running went tonight....

5 comments:

annie said...

Yay for joining our running group!! Have you looked up any running plans yet? Don't worry too much, I think there will be plenty of walking with this one. Some of the other girls won't be quite done with their training yet, so we will probably run (jog) and then walk, etc.

I'm so excited for you! While I still hate running, I always feel better about myself after I do it. (O:

Devan said...

You guys and your running!! You are all doing it just to make me feel bad about myself, I know you are!!!

I USED to run. USED TO being the key words. Not so much since Levi. My "plan" is to run in the morning before Scott leaves as soon as it gets a little warmer.

JG said...

I hate running, too. But I've promised SoldierMan to work on getting to jog up to a mile. And I am...sort of...I jogged for a few minutes the other day....

just_me_tiff said...

There is a program you can find online called From the couch to the 5K...you should check it out!

Jillian said...

you forgot dishes on that list!

oh and joint bubble bath!!!! soo cute :)

we must have a cousins bath soon!