I miss you. I really DO!
It's frustrating to rush to pay bills, check recipes and check in with folks quickly as I can while Joel is home with is phone/interwebs.
But if that is the worst part of my life I have it made in the shade.
How are you?
What's new?
anything marvelous and life changing happening?
I know Melissa & Ashley are both cooking up a little person!
SO EXCITING!
I appreciate Annie & Cayce often checking to make sure i'm still alive and kicking.
And some sweet snail mail from Katy made my day last month.
so here's a quick and random update.
Oliver:
Hysterical, adorable, cuddly, chubby goodness.
already 9 months, just started the army crawl and can't be kept in one place.
oh this boy. he's got my heart held fast in his pudgy, avocado covered hand.
Emory:
Precocious, tender, busy, daredevil, beauty of a girl.
incredibly close to 3 years old, such a mess and such a joy-smart as a whip and often i want to take one to her.
Nothing better than her larger than life hugs and bright glass eyes.
Leland:
turns.5.less.than.2.weeks.
how?
helper, watcher, ninja, feeling, all boy bolt of engery.
my first baby love. creating thoughtful works of art for each family member.
for me he drew: myself, wearing a green dress, by a little house with a green door, in the country, with a bright sun.
the kid knows my heart.
Joel:
gave me a night for zumba and friend conversation.
talks me into spontaneity. working his hands and heart tired for Atrium and for us.
learning in new roles, excited for true discipling.
love.
me?
happy. tired. hungry. reading. praying.
enjoyed previously mentioned zumba with Neely & Annie- though felt i needed to apologize to those behind me for their view of my terrible, horrible, very bad, no good, booty shake.
reading and rereading One Thousand Gifts. this section cuts me raw:
"The world I live in is loud and blurring and the toilet plugs and I get speeding tickets and the dog gets sick all over the back step and I forget everything and these six kids lean hard and there are real souls that are at stake and how long do I really have to figure out how to live full of grace, full of joy-before these six beautiful children fly the coop and my mothering days fold up quiet?"
excited about Classical Conversations with Leland and diving further into real and traditions foods via Nourished Kitchen and the traditional food internet community- encouraged by friends reading for themselves and taking health and nourishment into their own hands.
and as i said, i miss you. so tell me:
how are You?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
You are missed! I, too, have been AWOL for a variety of reasons. Tomorrow we find out if Addie will have a brother or a sister and I'll hit 20 weeks on Friday. I don't want to wish these precious weeks away but I am anxious to see this little person. Addie turns three on Monday! I think we skated through the twos but terrible threes might be upon us. Reading Shepherding the Child's Heart and learning some good stuff.
SO good to read your update!
Post a Comment