So we will be taking extracurriculars slowly and probably limiting them to one physical and one arts at a time- at the most!
this week we had our first experience.....
swimming lessons!
For his birthday Leland's Granny & Gramps paid for swimming lessons at the YMCA. last night was the first night and he had a great time. I was SO proud of the way that he behaved. After class i told him it made my heart happy to see him obey his teacher and be brave. He replied "i just love you very much so i wanted to be very good in my class and try hard." heart melter!
One little fella kept taking his float off and throwing it in the water- the only problem Leland encountered was when he thought he would 'help' and jumped in to retrieve it for him. Heart was in the right place, but still not okay!
it will be fun to see how he progresses over the next few weeks. And by the time he is done with lessons we will have a new baby- that's cray-cray!




3 comments:
He is just too cute! I agree with you on limiting extra-curriculars to two. I saw on Supernanny this one family had a child with nine classes/activities. It was crazy! Hope you are having a good day.
I think your limit on extracurricular activities is smart not only for YOUR sanity but for your kids too. I remember when I was younger being in SO many different kinds of classes and hating it because it was so stressful. When I finally decided to just focus on a couple of things, I enjoyed them soo much better.
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog by the way. I never expect a response to comments I leave so don't feel bad in the slightest! But thanks again for the things you said, they really made me feel good. :)
So exciting that you're expecting by the way!
Awww, what a little darling! :)
Post a Comment