Tuesday, January 18, 2011

homemade Christmas!

this year i tried veeeeeery hard to have an almost completely handmade Christmas.
and almost every member of the family received something i made.
My mother, my mother in law and sister in law Julie all got aprons.
they were lined and had pockets, both a first for me... there also wasn't a pattern, per-say, just a tutorial that said base it off of your measurements, etc. SO, i was a little nervous about how they would turn out, but they were pretty lovely :O)
here's mom in hers (crying because she had just opened the photo album of our family pictures)


For my sister Jillian, her hubby Owen and my nephew Cash i made cozy pillow cases for them to take on tour with them when they start out on the road soon. Also little zippered pouches for my sister Nicole, sister in law Becca, cousin Adrienne and one for jill with a fav Heather Ross fabric she really liked.





I also made some personalized notecards for my father and cousin that i didn't get a picture of, but were pretty simple.

one of the sweetest gifts received was from my youngest sister Nicole. She made both Jillian and I embroidery based on our blogs...


i looooooved mine and was super impressed:O)
we added little things here and there that were store bought to go along with the smaller handmade items.

my plan for next year is to get started much ahead of time so that things aren't rushed and hopefully my own kids will get something handmade too:O)
i'd love to make something like these for Emory, found At Second Street


did you sew away this Christmas or shop til you dropped in the crowds?

4 comments:

Jillian said...

Loved all of your gifts--
especially the ones for me :)
and EW that photo of me with Nicole's gift is YUCK!

Welcome! said...

love it! you've inspired me to start early early this year...like maybe today? haha.

i had a big, big smile on my face over your family photos..your momma had good reason to cry!

Bethany said...

I made aprons too!! All the ladies got matching ones in the fam, there are 7 of us. I used a pattern though, you are brave!! I have a really cute pattern for an owl, love it, and that is what I made London. He needed one but didn't want a pink cupcake one. I will have pics up soon. I loved the pillowcases!! They were awesome! I love that you make something handmade every year, I am doing that too!!

Janie Fox said...

Wow all of it is so cute. Great job. My goal for this year is to learn to sew better! And I have a degree in Home Ec.!!